Monday, October 26, 2009

Stylish Sydney


Sydney is a teenager. It's almost official. Between the phone talking and the fashion opinions she's pretty much there. A few weeks ago I was having her try on all of her last year's winter clothes to see what we needed to buy for this year. As she tried on all the clothes she enlightened my on her new style. First and foremost she let me know that she did not like Gymboree anymore. That store is for little kids. As I picked up one shirt after another from that very store trying to talk her into believing that they were not too little-kiddish she says: "mom, you've just got to let me grow up." What?! You are 9! Ok, deep breath... She continues on to tell me that she really wants to go shopping with me and show me the kind of clothes she likes. "you know mom, like the t-shirts with writing on them that Allie wears?" Uh Sydney, I hate to break it to you but American Eagle and Aeropostle don't carry size 8 girls in their stores! Boot cut jeans are not on her "in" list right now, only skinny jeans go on her body. She is very into the whole look: shoes, accessories. It bugs her to no end that you have to wear tennis shoes to school for safety reasons. Oh boy.

2 comments:

Troy said...

Tell Sydney to come out to SF. We can take her shopping-- there are a lot of botiques that carry tshirts she might like.

joelb said...

well, at least you don't have to remind her that sweatpants and polo shirts don't really mix.

then again, popped collars happened, so who knows.