Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Phone calls from school

This post is the first of mine with no picture. It's not a cute story either. I just want to record it so I'll remember to tell my kids about it when they are older.

The kids have been in school about 2 1/2 months. To date here is a pretty accurate list of calls I've gotten during a school day:

1 call from FIS nurse telling me Tanner is in the clinic with a headache
3 calls from FIS nurse telling me Sydney hit her head on the bars at recess
2 calls from FHS nurse telling me Allie is in the clinic injured with ice packs and 1 call from FHS nurse telling me Allie is in clinic complaining about coughing
At least 10 texts from Allie telling me she doesn't feel well in some way

1 call from Tanner saying he forgot his lunch
2 call from Sydney saying she forgot her lunch
4 texts from Allie saying she forgot her lunch
5-6 texts from Allie asking me if would take her out to lunch

1 call from Sydney making sure I knew the time of her fall party
5 texts from Allie telling me she forgot some misc. item, like clothes to change into after gym
There are also many random texts from Allie during the day telling me about something she has to bring to class the next day, asking me if she can go shopping for shoes that weekend, telling me she's cold, asking me what we have going on that night, etc. Oh and of course there was the phone call telling me she made the basketball team!

So pretty much when the phone rings during a school day I expect it to be from one of my kid's schools. Notice that I've not had any calls having to do with Connor or Trey. Trey has texted me before to let me know about a good test score before. Good thing I'm a stay at home mom!

3 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Still laughing outloud!! So funny! Well, at least to someone reading about it. I'm not sure how you feel about having your phone permanently attached to your ear. :) Oh, the new age of cell phones and texting. What will be next?

joelb said...

that's a very interesting record. you'll be glad you saved it.

Lori said...

Wow! That's a lot of phone calls...and actually a pretty cute story after all. I have never considered what it would be like to get texts from a child at school...