Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Traditions that carry on

Thanks to mom and dad instilling the importance of traditions while I was growing up our family continues to enjoy many of the same traditions. Many of them happen during the Christmas season. Some of the traditions we carry on from my childhood: Delivering Christmas goodie plates (sorry no picture, but just imagine a some delicious treats on a plate)
acting out the Nativity on Christmas Eve




Christmas Eve pizza dinner


Opening one present on Christmas Eve

All the kids sleeping in the same room Christmas Eve night

Decorating the tree together, everyone placing their own ornaments


David looking like a crazy person shooting airsoft guns in the backyard on Christmas day....Ok, I guess that's not a tradition.


One tradition that we started that our kids love is they draw from a hat one of their siblings names and that person is their secret person for the weeks before Christmas. They are supposed to do little acts of service or be extra kind and they get to buy a present for them too. Then on Christmas morning they give their present to their secret person, revealing their identity.

4 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

I love the pictures so much, I can't even pick a favorite, although the last one of Trey and Sydney hugging is pretty special. Oh, and the one of the kids in front of the tree is great---I like the way they are positioned. And the Angels----so cute. And even the "non-traditional" airsoft gun fight was a great pix. Wait, too many to comment on all of them. Thanks for sharing your pix. So glad you've been able to carry on so many traditions from your own childhood. Great post!!

Lori said...

Great post, Lisa. I love the memories and the idea you started. And I can't stop laughing every time I look at that shot of David, that may have to go on my wallpaper...

julie said...

great one of david! So funny to see them all packing heat.

Jenica said...

I think the crazy David event should be a tradition.