Monday, November 29, 2010

kids are amazing-ly funny

Tanner continues to be such a sweetheart in our family, always the first to tell everyone he loves them and always very concerned about others feelings.  A few weeks ago we had some landscaping redone in our front yard.  Tanner apparently thought that the workers were doing a good job and needed to know about it.  The day after I found this note on our front porch along with 2 water bottles.  It reads "you are doing great!  Keep it up!  Awesome!  From Tanner:  (Lisa's son)."  I wasn't sure if the landscapers drank some of the water or Tanner had put out some 1/2 empty water bottles...



Connor's teacher (the most amazing 4th grade teacher ever) puts out the class announcements in the form of a class newspaper called the Shaver Scoop.  Connor loved this and decided to publish the Sexton Scrub.  He has published and circulated 5 issues to date.  His teacher told me at my parent conference that she is a recipient of the Scrub.  Look out Barber Pole!






Last Sunday Sydney came into our bedroom and asked with an innocent face, "where is Kroger's?"  To which I said "what do you mean?, it's in Farragut."  She then said "I mean what's the address?"  I was in the middle of having a few moments to finally talk to David for the first time that day so I quickly dismissed her with a "I don't know honey I'll have to look it up later."  She shut the door giggling hysterically.  Hmmm, oh well.  Little did I know what she was up to.  Later that night when Allie went to bed she came down laughing with this in her hand:
David said:  "I guess that's what Sydney meant earlier when she said she wanted to do a prank."

3 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

I love this post!!! I keep reading it over and over because it makes me smile and laugh. Too cute and funny! Love those triplets.

PS ~ It's about time someone took on the old Barber Pole. I'd like to read a copy of the "Sexton Scrub."

joelb said...

i think the way the letter from Kroger is addressed really sells the prank. i can just imagine some assistant manager sitting in the office behind the 2-way mirrors rediscovering their grade school talent for fancy puffy lettering. and then driving over to montcove to hand deliver it to your mailbox sans postage.

ps, long live the Scrub.

ps2, long live, uh, water.

Troy said...

Kid editors of family newspapers rock!

But... why the scrub?