Thursday, December 9, 2010

18

Happy birthday to Trey!   He had a fantastic 18th birthday!  David and I carried on our high school tradition of checking him out for an Aubrey's lunch.  Then that evening he chose Bonefish grill to celebrate.  We surprised him with orange Hyperdunk basketball shoes that he really wanted but didn't think he was getting.  The best part of the night was the tickle fight that broke out right before cookie cake time.

As for me, I don't like being the mom of an 18 year old.  I know I've been whining a lot lately about it, but I can't help it.  I like life the way it is.  Right now.  I don't want my 10 year olds to be teenagers and I don't want Trey to grow up and leave our home.  Ok, enough whining.

I'm so proud of the truly remarkable (young) man Trey has become  (always has been).  He is an example to me everyday of how to live a Christlike life.  I love you Trey!!!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Trey is one of a kind. Happy day-after-your-birthday, DDSIII.

julie said...

LOVE that last picture...Trey needs it in his dorm room!

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Happy 18th, Trey. Lisa you are so right---Trey is one remarkable young man. Love you, Trey!

joelb said...

happy birthday trey!

lisa, have you picked out what you want your grandkids to call you yet?

Troy said...

Awesome pix.. Hope Trey had a great birthday! Welcome to adulthood!