Friday, January 27, 2012

Getaway

Thank you David for taking me on a late anniversary trip to our favorite tropical getaway!  It is hard to leave the kids when things are busy, and I at first just thought we better not go, there was too much going on, but I am so grateful that David made this trip happen.  Every time we go away together and catch our breaths from the craziness that is our life, I am grateful.  I'm so grateful to be more in love today than I was 21 years ago when we got married.  I'm grateful to be married to a man who loves me more than I thought possible.  I'm grateful that we had a few days to spend on just us. ( Thanks grandparents and Allie for making that possible!)

I wish I could wake up to this every morning:


 I wish I could watch sunsets like these every night:







I wish I had more time to read and have this view while doing it (:

I wish my kids would fix us gourmet candlelight dinners every night, ha!




I wish I could have video taped the hilarity of one of our sailing adventures.  Everyday we set off sailing and exploring little uninhabited islands.  One day was particularly windy and I was afraid the boat was going to flip so I jumped out.  The water was only up to my knees but David, worried about leaving me, jumped out after me, as our little sail boat took off in the wind!  Thankfully it only went a short distance before slowing enough that David caught back up with it, because I really thought we were going to be stranded out in the middle of the ocean while our runaway sailboat landed on some island with all of our stuff.

David:  sailor



 


3 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Ahhh! Now if you had those things every day of your life, you'd grow tired of them. Not! Love the great pictures. So glad you had such a wonderful time.

So the sun is the size of a quarter out there--as seen through David's fingers? :)

Love the sail boating story. Welcome home---glad you're back safe and sound.

joelb said...

i'm sure your kids would prepare your meals next time if you take them along :D

see any sharks?

Lori said...

Haha, for every beautiful sunset there has to be at least one runaway sailboat.