Monday, October 8, 2012

Trey heads to the MTC - July 4, 2012

David and I felt such a mix of emotions and felt like we were constantly trying to have "one more memory" with Trey, that it was somewhat of a release/relief when he actually finally boarded the plane.    I am a worrier by nature and was always thinking of something new that we should maybe buy for him to take on his mission, or one more thing to tell him about cooking, etc.  Have we done all we can do to prepare him for this huge step in his life?!?!  David, the even-tempered one in our relationship would always calm me down and say "Trey has been preparing his whole life for his mission, he's ready.  Stop worrying".  And he was right.  Whatever temporal thing we forgot to tell him or figure out before he left, Trey would figure it out, but spiritually he was ready and that's what matters.









Doing a little height comparison for when he comes back in two years. :)

We were so grateful to have family and friends pick him up from the airport and drop him off at the MTC.  I don't think I would have handled that goodbye very well.









2 comments:

joelb said...

thanks for posting.

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

I absolutely love this post and get tears in my eyes each time I look at it. (happy tears)

I had not seen some of those pix of Andrew and Sam with Trey. Love it.

Yes, you prepared Trey well---all his life. Thanks for sharing all those feelings with us.