Monday, October 6, 2008

Suprise breakfast dessert






Saturday night I had reminded the kids that when they woke up they could just quietly get some cereal so we could sleep in. I told them that when we got up at 9:00 I would make chocolate chip pancakes. After getting up at 9:00, I thought "wow, they were quiet this morning, I didn't hear them at all." As I get to the kitchen I can hear whispering on the stairs and a quick scamper to the top. When I looked on the bar this is what I found waiting for me. Tanner, Connor and Sydney then come racing down the stairs, saying "do you like it?, Surprise!, we made a breakfast dessert just for you!". Then- "come on mom, eat it." Oh boy. Upon further explanation, while they were quietly waiting for me to wake up and make their chocolate chip pancakes they decided they would make me this wonderful dessert made from pudding, cereal, and nilla wafers. Sydney had made a nice note instructing me that this delish dish was indeed for me. They then told me that they thought since it was pretty "junky" (a phrase meaning junk food in our house) they would add a pear to their offering. They are always doing sweet, thoughtful things like this for me. Thankfully when Tanner asked me again when I was going to eat it, David walked in a took a big bite, which seemed to satisfy them.

2 comments:

Kacey said...

ooooh...looks so yummy. you mean you didn't gobble it up?

p.s. see that wasn't so hard1

Lori said...

Delicious. Grandpa Barber must have been teaching them how to cook.