Saturday, May 2, 2009

Easter egg hunt





I know that it is now May but I wanted to still post a few egg hunt pictures. I have so many good memories from our egg hunts growing up. I remember never feeling like I had out grown it. It is always fun to go find candy and money.......in little plastic eggs. I remember one year I found the plastic bunny that had the dollar bill in it! I remember how cool it was to find an egg when we thought they were all found. Especially if it was one of the tiny eggs. I remember how much I loved my easter basket: big, green, purple, pink and white. And how one year mom planted real grass seed in them so we had real grass in our baskets. I think it's really cool that so many of the grandkids are having an egg hunt in the same backyard that we had some of ours (well Julie and down anyway). Thanks for continuing on the tradition mom and dad!

3 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Thanks, Lisa, for all your thoughts on Easter Egg hunts past. So glad it was such a special memory. Thanks for sharing those memories. I had totally forgotten about the plastic bunny, and even the "real" grass. It touched our hearts to read of your feelings about your Easter Egg hunts as a child. Great pictures, too. I love the one of all the girls (minus Afton). Very cute!

Jenica said...

Real Grass! move over Martha...

joelb said...

i almost forgot about those little tiny eggs, the ones that would just hold either a dime or a single jelly bean.