Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pampered


I know that I have it good. My expectations are high and they never disappoint. Mother's day morning as I lay in my bed listening to the scurrying around in the kitchen I thought about my children. I thought about each of their births and random memories of their earlier years. I thought about what a miracle life is and how blessed we have been to have these 5 beautiful children. I thought about my loving husband and all he does for me. I couldn't wait for my children to come in singing while carrying my breakfast....better than Christmas. I love how the toast is cold and the smoothie is lumpy. I love when they all crawl in bed with me and cuddle while I try to eat breakfast. I love that Trey and Allie haven't outgrown this tradition that I did with my siblings for my mom. I loved the triplet massage I got. The smiles and hugs that were free flowing all day. The promise of no fighting that usually falters but is quickly remembered. I loved the time and effort David put into to making a gourmet dinner for me. I hope they know how much this day means to me.

2 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Your Sunday morning experience reminds me so much of my own. Even your thoughts were much the same as mine.(of years gone by) You've got a special family and you deserve that pampering!

Kacey said...

what sweet kids!