Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day

Tanner, Connor and Sydney take Karate.  They have a love hate relationship with it.  They love it when they are there, but they hate to be interrupted from their riding bikes, playing wii, playing with friends, etc. to have to go to Karate. 

Once a week Tanner will come in from school saying casually to me, "um mom, I'm planning on going outside to practice basketball, then I'm going to play some soccer and throw some football.  So, I guess I don't have time for karate today."  He knows that I love for him to do all the things he listed, so he's hoping for a pass.

Today I was outside planting flowers when the kids got off the bus.  Tanner walked up and said "mom, do we have to go to karate today?  It's Earth day you know."

5 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Cute, cute, cute story. Loved the pictures, too. Earth Day--Tax Day--or whatever---definitely should interrupt Karate lessons.

Lori said...

Why not use their karate powers to save the earth?

janelle said...

so cute. too bad that doesnt mean no school or no karate...

joelb said...

we really need a chuck norris / earth day joke here lori.

Troy said...

I sure hope you didn't let them do any Karate on my birthday.