Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

We had a beautiful Saturday evening egg hunt at Grammy and Grandpa's house. With new eggs and a couple of five dollar bills to be found the kids were excited as ever. With all the kids equally able to run and find the eggs I think this was the first year that the backyard was not divided down the center with a garden hose with big kids on one side and little kids on the other. It was fun to see Allie dropping some of the eggs she had found back on the ground for the younger ones to find. Allie yelled to Josh after she had dropped one telling him there was an egg nearby and he should go get it. He smiled from the top of the playhouse and said "Allie, I saw you do that". Connor also made a sacrifice and decided to give Lydia ALL of his candy. Later in the car when all the other kids were eating their candy I heard him say to himself "I wonder why I did that?"



1 comment:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

What a great report on the egg hunt. Thanks for sharing the touching stories of Connor and Allie's generosity. I didn't know Connor had given Lydia *ALL* his candy. And I noticed Trey contended himself with just a shirt full of eggs. Considering there is money in every egg, that was very generous of those two teens. Great pictures--must be the new camera and the skilled person behind the camera. :)