Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dwight David Sexton III, the graduate

When Trey started his senior year, I asked him if he wished he had already graduated and done with high school (which is pretty much how I felt going into my senior year).  He said, "no way, I can't wait for my senior year!"  He had such a fantastic time at Farragut High School.  He loved most of his teachers, was a part of Freshman and JV basketball, was a member of National Honors Society, loved being a peer tutor, enjoyed homecoming and prom, was voted "most integrity" by his peers, graduated with a 4.3 with straight A's and 7 AP classes.  As I looked through his yearbook autographs, it was clear that he influenced everyone around him.    Many people referenced him being a mormon or said something about one of his favorite sayings "come on man, don't swear."  I'm so happy that he is the kind of person who is comfortable letting his light shine.

I can't even still really believe that this chapter in his life is finished.


SENIOR PICTURES:






 SENIOR PROM:                                                        SENIOR HOMECOMING:

GRADUATION!!!


 Dinner at Cafe 4 before graduation:
 Trey, with Matt, Ross and Zach, his best buddies since middle school.


Graduation was fantastic!  Over 400 students graduated in under an hour and a half!  Yes!  (FYI:  The valedictorian had 16 AP credits and a 4.58 GPA!!!)  Thank you Grandparents for being a part of this special evening with us.
P.S. This was the 2nd FHS graduation Trey had been to.  The first one was when he was 2 and he went to his Uncle Brad's graduation.

5 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

An absolutely F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C post, Lisa!! The pictures were all great!!!!

I cannot believe that Trey is so grown up. When did he do that? It seems like yesterday that he was that little 2-year old attending his uncle's graduation at FHS.

He is an amazing young man, and I know you and David must be so very proud. We are, too!!

Congratulations to the graduate!!

*There is so much more I could say, but this is already beyond long. xoxoxo

Lori said...

Good old Trey. FHS is a better place for having known you.

Troy said...

big congrats to Trey! Watch out BYU.
btw-- i had a fridge magnet of Trey in Brad's cap at FHS graduation for years.

joelb said...

congratulations, trey.

as you probably know, in the old days you'd have been co-valedictorian, which is a pretty big accomplishment.

Brad said...

Trey--making me feel worse about my high school achievements by the minute. Thanks a lot, buddy! Could you ease up a bit when you get to byu??? It's all I have left!