Monday, September 14, 2009

Connor = Costumes

Connor loves to dress up. Even when he was little I remember him piling on hats, gloves, or whatever was handy.


When Connor received a Davy Crockett costume for his birthday last year it basically became his lounge wear. As soon as he got home from school he would go put it on, as well as his coon skin cap of course.




You can currently find Connor in some form of a jedi costume. It usually varies from day to day, capes, pants, belts, tunic, and light saber. He had been having to improvise lately and use a Harry Potter cape until Grammy and Grandpa bought him a real Jedi cape. It cracked me up tonight when David took the kids outside to shoot some basketball to see Connor dressed up like usual. (Last week I missed the opportunity to take a picture of Connor dressed up throwing football in the front yard.)



He really would prefer to keep some sort of costume on when he is at home. If we are running errands I'll usually let him stay in the force-like clothing, but there are times when I draw the line. Some months ago I had told him to go change before we left to go somewhere and he came downstairs in a very overstuffed long-sleeved shirt and pants on. Hmmmm.... "Connor, didn't I tell you to go change?" "Um, Well, I did, see?" "Connor, you can't just put clothes on top of your costume." "Oh."

3 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

These photos are all so cute, I can't even pick my favorite--but the one of Connor throwing basket balls in his Jedi clothes is priceless. Did the "force" help him make that basket? Is he destine to become an actor---on stage? In the movies?

Lori said...

That's our Connor. You are a very cool mom to let him wear his gear around town sometimes.

Brad said...

Love the Jedi shooting hoops pix!

Andrew LOVES dressing up too--he routinely wears a cape or witch hat (or both) to preschool.