Saturday, September 5, 2009

Two is company

About 6 years ago when Tanner and Connor got their "big boy" beds we put them on opposite ends of the room hoping that this would discourage them staying up late talking and goofing around.

As you can see from the pictures this strategy never worked.



And who can forget their "I'm really afraid of the dark" stage. We found them on the bathroom floor where the light was on.


Connor always ended up in Tanner's bed unless they were just dead tired. A few months ago we did some spring cleaning in their room, pulling the beds off the wall to dust and vacuum under them. While they were pulled out the boys asked if they couldn't move their beds together. I thought I might as well since they've pretty much slept in the same twin bed for the past 6 years anyway. At least now they can sleep in their own beds but still be close enough to talk....right?


I was wrong.

I guess some habits are just hard to break.

5 comments:

Lori said...

I love this post! It cracks me up and it's so sugary sweet. I don't know how they sleep in a twin with a twin and all those toys and animals!

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!!! The pictures are absolutely priceless!! Those pictures tell the story all by themself. I'm laughing and crying all at the same time. Do you want to give us that "extra" bed since you obviusly don't need it? :)

susan said...

World's...cutest...post...ever!

we cracked up when we scrolled down to see them sleeping in the same bed again. It was also fun reliving that crazy bathroom shot--love how they're clinging to the flashlight too!

We wish these boys lived closer to us utahns. --brad and susan

julie said...

too funny! And cute...as long as it doesn't last into high school :).

Jenica said...

next time we come to TN can Koen sleep with them? he would be in heaven. and I would get more sleep not being woen up each night at about 3 am. they look so sweet! and i love that they used the now closer bed to put some toys on.