Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nourishment



For a few years Allie and I have had the tradition of making cinnamon rolls the night of the Priesthood session for Sunday morning.  I don't know why, but tasty food just seems to go with conference weekend to me.  We added conference quiche in the last year to give us some salty with the sweet.  This year Allie was doing her lifeguard certification so I didn't have my baking buddy that night.  Instead I made scones for the first time with the new scone pan Julie gave me for my birthday.  YUM!  They were a hit!  I love conference weekend where I am spiritually and physically nourished (:  A few of my of my favorite conference quotes:   "If you've been offended, do a lot of forgiving and a little repenting." - Elder Packer,  "Preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary use words." = Pres. Uchtdorf

4 comments:

julie said...

Love the quotes. And who is that handsome new Sexton at your table? :)

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Yum, is right! Are those chocolate chips in the scones? Are the scones going to replace the cinnamon rolls? I'm drooling.

Great quotes from conference.

Troy said...

i heard a rumor somewhere recently that one of your children got a good scholarship somewhere?

Brad said...

Brad want chocolate chip scones. What better way to celebrate Trey's first day at BYU orientation while you're staying at our house? I bet that scone pan would fit in an overhead compartment...