Monday, April 25, 2011

Say yes to the 19 dresses




Allie doesn't like to shop, unless it is for athletic wear.  So when she needed some new church clothes I headed out alone and got a little carried away.  I was in and out of 5 stores and just bought everything that I thought she might consider not-too-frilly, was comfortable (knit is a good thing), and on sale.  I was surprised that I found so many I thought she might like and just kept buying, knowing I'd be bringing most of them back.  Little did I know that I had actually purchased 19 dresses by the time I was done.  Allie's worst nightmare was about to happen.....trying on clothes.

The first 7 out of 10 she tried on she liked, amazing!!  She tried on the dresses in a record 2 sessions, equally amazing.  The final "thumbs up" count was 10 out of the 19.  I was pretty impressed with myself.  I think I should be a personal shopper.  To find 10 dresses that Allie actually really likes is pretty much a miracle.  I think we've narrowed it down to 7 that she's keeping, and I'm thrilled.  Great bargains (one dress was only $11) and a dressed up daughter!

                                                                                                            

                                                                                                                                          

6 comments:

Lori said...

Poor Allie. That's a lot of dresses. Imagine if you had to try on 19 things you didn't like wearing...like stirrup pants or shoulder-padded blazers or something.

susan said...

I feel Allie's pain! Plus congratulations! My mom still gives me her hand me downs because I hate shopping for clothes so much.

julie said...

Great post! Even I would hate trying on 19 dresses! Can't wait to see them all. Love the peach one!

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

I can't imagine having to try on 19dresses!!! But I love the ones Allie is modeling here. Very cute! And I remember Lisa bringing an armload of dresses to *me* to try on. All my daughters are good shoppers, actually.

Unknown said...

Holy smokes. That's a lot of dresses! I'm pretty particular about dresses too, but I don't know if I've ever tried on 19 dresses at a time. Congratulations on the wins for a beautiful girl!

Brad said...

Can I just humbly say that I am not a big fan of when Susan's mom gives her handmedowns?