Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm old



So I recently turned 41.  For about the last year I have noticed that I was having to squint and hold small print a little further back to be able to read it.  I would think "Why is everything looking so blurry and hard to read?  I'm waaay to young to need reading glasses."  Complete denial.  A couple of friends took me out for a birthday lunch and as I was struggling to read what they had written in a card in the dim lighting, I finally said, "oh well I'll read it at home."  My seasoned friend said "here, try these" and handed me her reading glasses.  I burst out laughing with surprise and excitement as I could actually read the words, clearly!!  It's a miracle!  Why had I not gotten some of these a long time ago??  All those nights of reading in bed, squinting in the dim lighting...Needless to say, when I left the restaurant I went straight to the store to pick up a pair for myself.  Even though I feel old.  It's worth it.

4 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

I love, love, love the picture! That could be on the cover of a magazine or novel. And I'm lol at the story of your growing old. You poor old lady. :)

Troy said...

Ha! I'm going thru the exact same thing. I should be getting my new progressive lenses in next week. I am so excited. Reading my phone in bed has become such a challenge.

lisa said...

Troy, it's nice to know I'm not alone! 40 seems young to have to get reading glasses :(

lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.